I apologize for not keeping up to date this week with my blog. On Tuesday we finalized our surveys that we will be conducting and practiced giving them to a couple of women at VS. It was very beneficial because they helped us realize whether our questions would produce the answers and overall goal of our survey. We continue to teach ESL classes every Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, and it is wonderful practice for us to think up simple games and strategies to teach them. We have continued with teaching them the vowels and the difference between long and short vowel sounds in English. It's very difficult to try and explain the difference when Spanish doesn't have many of the sounds we use in English. They have been very patient with us as we explain pronunciations. On Wednesday morning I went to the Nutrition Center and had a wonderful morning seeing the new children there. I hope to go a few more times while I'm here because it's a wonderful place and no matter what kind of day you're having you can always leave with a smile. In the afternoon we began the surveys and got about 6 or 7 done between our two teams. I thought that was a good start. I have done two surveys previously here in Honduras for other schools, but this was the first time I had ever participated in creating one. I'm proud of our work and I hope that it brings the desired results that SHH and the other team is looking for. Last night we went to a soccer game in San Pedro Sula. It was Honduras vs El Salvador, and it was crazy, but awesome! It was my first official "pro-sports-game." All of us went in our Honduras jerseys and cheered on the team.
Today has been a low-key day for me. I have some sort of allergy/sinus thing going on and so I slept most of the day and got some medicine. I'm hoping to be back to normal by tomorrow so I can keep up with the rest of the work.
No comments:
Post a Comment